Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Portraits: Gonzalez Holiday Session


Last weekend I was lucky enough to be chosen to shoot some holiday pictures for the Gonzalez Family. According to them this was the first time that certain members had ever been shot together. I thought that doing this at Xmas time was a perfect idea. So I went over to their home and we went to work.

Using a 500 watt strobe light and some reflectors I was able to transform the living room into a photography studio. The lighting worked very well in this medium space.



Waiting for them to mess around with each other was the perfect time for me to capture those fun moments...





The easy thing for me was working with such fun personalities. No one seemed to by camera shy. I was able to bring out some great smiles like in this shot with Monica...




Another cool thing was that it was Marcus' birthday. Happy birthday...Ummmm... you gonna eat that??



Thanks to the Gonzalez Family for inviting me into their home and recording some great holiday moments. Happy Holidays.

-Santiago Valencia

No comments:

Post a Comment