Monday, December 7, 2009

Personal: Jane Campbell's Memorial


This past spring my family and extended family lost someone very dear to us. Her name was Jane Campbell. My mother knew her since her high school days. Jane's daughter, Connie, has been best friends with my mom for forever.


Jane was always so sweet and welcoming to my sister and I when we were kids. She was such a great baker and would have her famous cocoon cookies ready for us when we arrived. I miss those things!


Jane's memorial was held at a private home in West Los Angeles shortly after her passing. Friends and family were there to remember a great woman.


Traditionally we think of funerals as sad events. And they are because we've lost someone we so loved. But now a days the tide is turning to make them a happier event. An event where we remember all the great and funny stories about that person. Another interesting thing that is happening is that the photographer is more and more being invited to capture all the moments. This is actually my 4th funeral and memorial that I've photographed.


This is Paula Campbell...



This is Connie Campbell...


My mom and her husband Beto...


This is my father. You might not know this but everything that I've grown into and the reason that I've had such a great life so far in being creative person is because of this man. He always stood behind me with all my crazy ideas - including my photography. :)






Woof!...




This is Doug, Jane's son...


A great and heartwarming poem was read at the memorial...



Good friends last a lifetime. Paula, Olga & Connie...



This is Paul Campbell, Jane's husband. A fabulous and jolly man. He was always at Jane's side. Sadly, we also lost him only months after Jane's passing. We all miss them both more than words or photos can say.



I was so happy and honored to have been asked to attend and photograph this event. All by best to Paula, Connie & Doug and the Campbell Family.

With Love,
Santiago Valencia


Jane Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment