Sunday, June 14, 2009

World Series: Atlantic, Prague & Hawaii

Continuing my World Series photo series here are 3 more images of my travels. Enjoy.
SV

First,
Crossing the Atlantic. I took the Queen Mary 2 from Southampton, England to New York City. It took 6 days and most of it was smooth sailing except for one day when it was very choppy, windy and cold. That's the picture below. It was very cool to feel the fresh wind on your face and get a taste of what sailors must have gone thru in the days before modern technology.


Second,
Old Prague. This was the view coming down the mountain that holds the castle of Prague. It was an amazing view with lots of homes with orange rooftops. At night it was like I had stepped back in time since most of the buildings were still there hundreds of years ago.


Lastly,
Hawaiian Coral. This is Maui. I took a helicoter ride with a crazy pilot that took me to the falls that you see in the movie Jurassic Park and then dove rapidly thru the clouds. Heading towards the earth like a rocket the clouds parted and there was the water. Just as it looked like we were going for a swim the pilot pulled up and skimmed the water. And that is when I took this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment