Thursday, June 18, 2009

Engagement: Misty & Matt

There are so many great places for shooting an engagement session. But first you should ask yourself if that place means anything to you? What I mean is this...When I meet with a couple I want to get to know them. What they have in common, what they like to do together and where they met. Reason is that I want the couple to pick a place for their engagement session that tells us about them. For example, let's say they both are Disney fans. Well then I might suggest Disneyland or Downtown Disney. If they meet at a bar in Pasadena then maybe the beautiful alleyways of Old Town Pasadena might be a good choice. The point is that they try and give us insight to their personality of their couple-hood thru the photography.

Here is Misty and Matt. I shot them in Valencia at a place called Bridgeport. They both loved the scenery and felt that it described their style perfectly. They had just moved to that part of town so they wanted to start their life together by showing the roots they had planted.






We spent a couple hours walking around talking, laughing and they enjoyed teasing each other during the session. I loved this because I got to see a real connection between them. Matt didn't like taking photos but after a while he became more at ease especially when he concentrated on Misty.


Next, I'll show you some pix of their wedding.
til then,
SV

No comments:

Post a Comment