Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Soul of a Songwriter

I have a friend named Cory. He is a great and talented 3D modeler and does some amazing work for architectural firms. Anyway, a few years back he comes to me and tells me that he was at a coffee shop one day and heard this great singer/songwriter. He says that we should take a couple hours and go see her the next time she performs. Cool.

So the next week we go. Her name was Allison Sattinger. I heard her and fell in love with her voice and music. Her ballads and lyrics were so mature and soothing. So we became friends and we set up a day that I could shoot some shots of her for her promotional materials. We took some photography in Westwood Village on top of one of the high rises there on Wilshire Blvd. Allison was great to work with. She was totally open to the ideas I had. These are some of my favorites.

You can find and hear some of Allison's music at: http://www.myspace.com/allisonsattinger.

Til next time,
SV



No comments:

Post a Comment